Old 05-21-19, 01:17 PM
roundrocktom

Bikes: Catrike Dumont

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bowzette
On Tuesday nights there is "bike night" at the Circuit of the Americas an international F1 track outside of Austin. The loop is around 3.25 miles with 50' per mile of elevation gain. "The Hill" (there are several hills) is a little less than 1/4 mile and the grade is 14-16% the best I can tell. I don't have adequate gearing for The Hill. My cassette is a 13-30 for roller hills. The chainring is a triple 52, 39,30 and the rear wheel is 26".
Tell me more about that bike night!

I'm out having fun with my Catrike Dumont [Front is 30, 39, 52; the rear is 11-36 cassete] but need to keep my legs moving.

I had a blast on the Rookie Tri. We road the path around Decker Lake, so good hills on parts. I didn't know the course and messed up as I didn't downshift in time and had to crank up the hill. Yikes! I had missed a turn in the water, so was already wiped out before I started the bike portion. The best part was everyone who had passed me in the water I passed on the bike portion, but they caught and passed me during the run — still a fun time of it.

I had forgotten to hit my watch to start on time, but there is a steep hill at the top left — about 60' elevation climb. I couldn't downshift, just cranked up in high gear averaging about two mph — a lot of walkers on the hill.

Can not post images or links. Look at Decker Lake (290 & 130). The 12 Mile bike path was around the lake — just a blast since roads were blocked to traffic, Travis Sherrif and DPS out diverting traffic. I started to stop for a STOP SIGN and had DPS wave me through. (closed course, no traffic but mentally see a stop sign, I stop). Being waved through, Yeehaa!