Old 06-13-19, 09:51 PM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Care to fill us in on what happened BEFORE you arrived at the hospital... or is it a blank?

And, how did you arrive at Urgent Care with a collapsed lung & internal bleeding? Our local hospital is trying to separate "Urgent Care" from "ER" which would be fine for a hospital associated general/family practice office.

However, if you have some kind of a traumatic event sending you to the hospital, then it should be directly to the ER, do triage from there.

And, any transfers, Urgent Care to ER should be room to room, without going back out to the waiting room.
No it's not a blank, no I do not care to provide details and yes I was a transfer from Urgent Care. With the x-rays and diagnosis as I mentioned. All the paperwork, and that's what the Urgent Care told me.

" Eh a tech will look at that later just sit over there sir". I'm half serious, did the fact it was a cycling accident deprioritize it?

Originally Posted by Wildwood
Was there any triage in progress in the ER?
I went through triage pretty quickly, straight to a Cat-scan and then surgery.

Maybe you should be glad your injuries weren't such that you became a higher priority.
Never took you for a smart-ass. If you folks don't find the med-tech's actions objectionable, being accusatory to the patient, taking her own sweet time to tell you how she disapproves of you before going to triage, then I guess there's nothing really to discuss here.

Mod's please lock thread.

Getting to a well run hospital is important when it matters, if you have a choice.[/QUOTE]