View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 11:01 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
There are two types of clips: SPD & SPD-SL. The first one is intented for ''all-around'' use while the other one is intended for road usage.

You will get mixed opinions here. For instance, some people will say they prefer SPD (referred as MTB above) over SPD-SL (referred as ROAD above) for road usage. What's important is that you know the difference between the two & know what you like most. If you're looking for an ''all-arounder'' pedal, I'd get the dual sided SPD ones that can be used clipped on one side and unclipped on the other side. They are a good option for someone who rides in the city (frequent stops) & likes to go climbing from time to time. The SPD-SLs aren't as versatile - they can only be used clipped, but offer better performance on the long runs / races.

I'd try both & see what I like most. The bike you purchased might already have pedals that you prefer. In that case, you'll only need shoes. If not, you can get pedals (SPD or SPD-SL) for roughly 50$. Shimano is proven to be reliable. I ride with them and never had any issues whatsoever.

Last edited by eduskator; 09-16-19 at 11:09 AM.
Likes For eduskator: