Thread: 2019 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 09-22-19, 09:56 AM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
Our club had its first brevet in my city and I designed the route. It was a warm, humid day, especially for autumn. We had 11 riders come out and a good mix of locals and folks from afar. The route was 205km with 1600m of elevation according to RWGPS. All of the climbs are short ones, some were fairly steep, but most of the route was on quiet backroads. I put a few gravel sections on that used to be smooth and stone-free but one got fresh gravel last week and the other has been hit pretty hard with small washboards so those will both probably get removed for the next edition, even though they are very scenic I think the gravel puts off some folks. I have plans to run a gravel brevet in 2021 if I can get a pre-ride done on it sometime in the next year.

Here's the rwgps for anyone that is curious. I had a cold earlier this week and worked a really hard shift at work carrying heavy conveyor pans down 3 storeys of stairs so I didn't have anything in the legs for a fast ride but managed to finish in 11.5 hours. The fastest riders finished it in just over 8 hours so we had a good spread. I think everyone that started finished, but one person didn't bother to fill their card out since they weren't interested in official recognition... guess they just wanted to ride with some folks. I have to say it's quite nice to ride to the start of a brevet instead of driving or staying in a hotel.
Likes For clasher: