View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 08:27 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by pattrick
Not looking for a heavy duty gravel bike. The trails I would use are probably smoother and in better condition than many roads. I have ridden them many times with 32's and have seen others with much smaller tires having no issues. As msu2001la stated I am just looking for a comfortable ride, 32's are probably as big as I will go. This will be used as a road bike for all intentions. Recently the road has just started to become a little rougher for me, old age, road conditions, who knows. This bike just caught my eye and everything I can find on reviews seem to be quite positive ,especially the smooth ride quality . Lynskey Ti was my only other consideration, I have a 2000 Tuscany with Campy that I really enjoyed but it just sits collecting dust. The roads and needs have changed I have thought about trying something new like the Sportive. Have always feared carbon fiber as delicate and it still worries me but maybe it's time for me to take a leap of faith. This bike, the Domane, just seems to have so much to offer for my needs. CORB52 thanks for the heads up on the dealer. Went to a local dealer and it was a bit sad. Treks were being touted as merely adequate but the Specialized Diverge was being pushed six ways to Sunday by them. They seemed to be clueless on the 2020 Domane changes. Was not impressed. May have to take the wife to Ikea for a shopping trip
Not sure if Ikea is open yet!

Last edited by dwmckee; 06-03-20 at 09:29 PM.