Old 02-22-21, 02:06 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
Are you trying to put a bunch of exercise physiologists and nutritionists out of work??
I think there is a need for those professionals' services for athletes at a certain talent level. A CAT 3 racer with proven talent trying to take it to the next level.

However, I think a lot of beginners get burned out, ripped off (coaching and training fees) and generally lose the fun of the sport when out of the gate are on some regimented training program to "maximize" their development, but completely ignoring that this is supposed to be fun. Most beginners do not have the talent to benefit from the cost or mental exhaustion that can occur from a dedicated training program, and will end-up getting dispirited because all they do is regimented training during the week only to get spit out the back of the pack in a CAT 4 race.

I would rather coaches advise beginners to focus on riding lots, ride with fast group rides and people faster than you, and just have fun racking up miles, rather than worrying about their FTP, TSS etc....

Last edited by Het Volk; 02-22-21 at 02:10 PM.