View Single Post
Old 09-12-07, 07:22 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
First, "Thank You" T-Mar for initiating this database.

I found this Fuji Espree along with a larger version of the same bike on CL. The original owner said he purchased it for his wife, but she never rode it. Based on its condition, I think he's correct. Additionally, he must have stored it in ideal conditions because the original tires are in very good condition and there is little or no rust. Unfortunately, its a 47cm frame, too small for me.
Based on date coding of the derailers this is a 1985 bike. The rear derailer has a "BD" date code, the front is dated AE. I originally thought it was an '84 bike, but if the derailers are original, its an '85. The Serial Number is FC513234.
The derailers are Suntour ARX, the shifters are Suntour on downtube braze-on mounts. The rims are "UKAI" and are stamped 27 X 1 1/8. The bars are alloy Nitto Olympiade and the stem is Nitto. The cranks are Sugino GP. The brakes are Dia Compe with a release lever. The frame is quad butted, Valite tubing. Its a really nice bike except the brake levers are low end, turkey winged Dia Compe with no hoods. I'm not sure where the Espree fit in the Fuji line-up, I'm guessing somewhere around the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fuji Espree 84 001.jpg (50.8 KB, 1152 views)
Fuji Espree 84 002.jpg (48.4 KB, 1043 views)
Fuji Espree 84 003.jpg (37.1 KB, 1062 views)
Fuji Espree 84 004.jpg (46.9 KB, 1037 views)

Last edited by roccobike; 09-13-07 at 09:57 AM.