View Single Post
Old 07-16-19, 12:52 PM
TenGrainBread 

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 336 Posts
My current favorite is the Crank Bros Stamp platform. I'm running two Stamp 7s on bikes, one silver and one black, and they both look good. In terms of other platforms I have used, Wellgo MG-1 is very good for a cheaper option. You can add reflectors to these if you want. Shimano Saints were also very good and the build quality was extremely nice.

I really did not like the MKS Lamda when I tried it for a few months on my touring bike. I found having the back half of my foot (arch and heel) on the pedal to be uncomfortable, and it was even less grippy than a pinned MTB platform like the ones mentioned above.

Before using platform pedals, I mostly used MKS touring and track pedals with and without clips, and I used clipless Shimano SPDs for a while on various bikes, including my fixed gear. I would say I don't miss having foot retention - modern pinned platforms are too good at everything to justify the inconvenience of clips and straps (except for fixed gear, of course). I am so glad to be done with SPDs and to be able to wear normal shoes again. I would implore you to try a nice pair of MTB platforms instead of going to clipless.
Likes For TenGrainBread: