View Single Post
Old 12-28-15, 10:47 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Everything is so awesome where I live, weather included, that I have to hunt high and low for things to complain about. Lucky for everyone, I'm pretty good at finding all our local flaws so we can all see where improvement is possible.

Seriously, our weather is almost perfect. Sure, it's a bit warmer in SoCal and even in most of NorCal, but we have less traffic and generally better air (although our cities still allow burning, so the winter in-town air is bad). Winter lows tend towards 35-45F, with occasional forays into freezing. Summer highs tend to be between 75-85F with occasional days in the 90s and very rare days of 100F. Unlike many other places, we rarely do the dreaded double triple (west coast version: triple digit temperatures with triple digit AQI/PSI (smog). (L)east coast version, add humidity), so there really aren't very many days one would choose to not ride for external reasons.

Besides, where else can I live in a city and still ride off onto logging roads with zero traffic any old time. Added bonus: we have rivers galore and they all have water every day of the year. I'm a happy grouch.