View Single Post
Old 05-05-20, 01:03 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve1972
Hello everyone, I am Steve from Brooklyn New York, I just joined.

You are not going to believe what they have stollen from me: I left my kryptonite "new york fahgettaboudit" chain and lock on a bike-stand locked for about a month. (I was sick and the wether was bad for biking..) Yesterday I went back to check it, planning to start using my bike today and the lock was gone! I still can believe it! Who would still a lock and chain, how, and for what purpose? To sell it for the metal? To sell only the chain? To use it himself without having the key? At least I still have the bike but after that I doubt I am going to lock it outside ever again. (They stole a bike from me many years ago when I was new in New York and I was using a conventional chain and lock from a hardware store.) Thanks for reading, be safe everyone.
Theft is almost certainly the least likely explanation because removing it would have destroyed its value. Someone cut it off just to remove it, most likely.

Sounds like you're feeling better, that's good.