View Single Post
Old 02-16-16, 07:22 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Perhaps the saddle is a touch high and you are tipping the nose down to compensate. You might try re-leveling it and dropping it down a little. Remember that when you buy a new model saddle, all bets are off. The distance from the top to the rails can be more or less than on the old saddle and the compression of the saddle under your weight may be entirely different than on the old one. The whole saddle may flex more or less than the old one (rails, frame, etc.) and/or the padding may compress quite differently. In fact it would be foolish not to expect to have to find a new height for a new saddle including a new height for the seat post.

Also remember that with a shorter nose saddle the optimum forward-rearward position may be different. Should the back of the saddle, the middle of the saddle (whatever that means) or the nose of the saddle be the same distance from the bars as before?

My advice is to go back to level middle of the saddle and try to find a comfortable saddle height and set back before tilting it in either direction. Tilting the saddle more than a degree or two is a last resort that is almost never a good solution.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...