View Single Post
Old 11-23-15, 02:27 PM
HCB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsa103
Just took delivery of my Toughroad SLR2 (size L). Will post pictures shortly.

Very nice bike, rides smoothly, the stock 29x2.0 tires are confident on any terrain while still able to cruise on roads quickly. No difficulty doing things like hopping up or down curbs, feels very solid. The frame transfers power nicely, if you stomp hard on the pedals the bike accelerates immediately with no hint of flex.

Shimano components are solid. I wish the shifters supported two-way release, but the drive-train works smoothly and shifting was flawless (across all gears, kudos to the shop setup). Cables have full length housing, so better for all-weather, and the integrate pseudo-fender/cable cover is nice.

Shimano hydraulic brakes are flawless. The lever style is the longer touring style, better suited for two finger braking. Brakes are firm with great feel, and plenty of stopping power.

Only change I would recommend is swapping to some better grips. I switched to Ergon grips, and they're much better for distances. The stock saddle feels decent, definitely worth giving a longer term evaluation.

Good post. I'm a roadie and this is my first jack (SLR2) of all trade bike. It rides really nice though the wheels and components are in desperate need of an upgrade. So much so I ordered a Shimano SLX groupset and Stan's ZTR Arch EX 29 wheels. Really excited.