View Single Post
Old 04-02-16, 07:11 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill1227
Thanks but, you really have to put it on a bike shop scale or Park Tool equivalent for decent accuracy. hopefully someone will. Personally as it is built as/for a fully loaded touring bike, the more I think about it the more I doubt the 28 #'s (if actual) would include the racks. Even with carbon fork the wheels, entire bike is built for a full load = front and rear pannier racks.
Example : my Crosstrail above with a aftermarket Origin 8 Carbon Fork, very light 495G Renegade tires, after market Boyd hand built wheels, etc. is 25 #'s with pedals in a size large frame and a Crosstrail is not built for fully loaded touring. Rather light touring. I would be Really,surprised if the Tough Road was "23 pounds".............I bet its 28 pounds with out any racks or anything else but peddles.
Someone on these forums weighed a stock Toughroad SLR 2 with a Digital Bike Scale and it came out to being 25.5lbs for a Large size(if my memory serves me correctly).