View Single Post
Old 01-10-18, 03:15 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 180 Posts
Zombie Thread Alert

It's "Muffin Airless Tires" https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Airless-Tires

I realize with only four posts you are new to the site. Please start a new thread when you want to discuss something that has been discussed before but has been dormant since 11/09 and was started in 2006. I'm not sure if the brands mentioned in the older part of the thread are still available. From the negative comments I would guess they are probably not.

Reading the hype that accompanies the article I am not impressed (I'm a chemist).

Filled with a natural, stable gas, integrated with macromolecular materials, instead of air, Muffin tires will never need air - and never go flat." I am guessing that macromolecular materials means a polymer (plastic foam) and a "natural stable gas" could well be nitrogen. Sounds really mysterious if you couch it in the right words.