Old 11-06-18, 09:30 AM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I'm going to disagree with this some. Track is the first place where I truly felt the frame made a difference, notably in the handling, which means I'm going faster.
Okay, now I've got questions...

What you were riding at first, what did you switch to, what was different materially and structurally, and what did the new frame/bike feel like in detail versus the previous one? What do you like most about it, and (other than price if that's a friction point), is there anything you don't particularly like?

I've felt differences in road bike frames and tires, tennis racquets and strings, snow skis and boots, sports car suspensions and tires, skateboard wheels and trucks, etc. In track bikes, with such a limited range of surface variables, I would bet that the differences in frames could stand out to an experienced rider, so it's going to be interesting hearing your reflections on this. Now...I'm aware that I don't "need" a different frame, and my abilities as a rider are the most important things to improve, but understanding the differences in frames can help if I eventually try to find a better one during an irrational time of obsession...That never happens with bike gear for any of us, does it.