Old 07-31-19, 08:40 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
In that case, look at one of the new gravel bike offerings. They are working in suspension systems and other tech to really make the ride more comfortable. It's to the point that I even saw one person comment that the bike industry is basically re-defining the XC industry.
Didn't realize these were a thing... Look pretty great!

I actually just sold my bike. It kinda hurt me as to how much I got for it, but it is what it is. Only 500 bucks for a CAAD 9 with full DA 7800 other than a 105 crank. Ouch... I wish I'd had my 105 stuff sitting around so I could have swapped it over. I'm sure it would have sold for the same. Or I could have swapped over cheaper wheels onto that bike... or... or... or... What's done is done!

I guess I should start either saving for a gravel bike or look at used synapse/roubaix/etc from the 2012-2015 era. Hoping to go carbon, but it is what it is.

I don't think most gravel bikes are carbon right? Why spend that money on a frame when you can get the compliance from the low tire pressure? Is that the logic?

I'm still debating just looking for a cheap used groupset so I can get my 84 trek ride worthy again, but at this point I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and sell it and put everything into a bike I'll actually ride from time to time. I'd feel pretty sad selling it, but it's just not getting ridden right now.

Last edited by ridethecliche; 07-31-19 at 11:32 PM.