sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I have a powertap wheel and a quarq crank... can use the wheel on any of my bikes, whereas I can use any wheels on the bike with the quarq. Crank (double sided at least) and pedal power meters can give you left/right balance measurements and also do some fancy analysis on your pedal stroke if you're into that sort of thing. Also, you can get cadence from the crank/pedals, so you don't need an extra sensor.

If I were buying a new power meter today, I'd probably get powertap pedals. 1 meter for all your bike/wheel combos is handy sounding. You have to like Look cleats though (I do)

Oh, in the interest of budget, I really wouldn't obsess about double sided measurement either. It really isn't critical for anything.

Thanks!!!

I am actually down to 2:

1. Powertap pedals the one sided version. I like this because they can go from any bike to bike.

2. Powertap C1 chain rings are the second option. They will fit my bike and they are on sale cheap right now. $350 for a ring set up.....great deal actually. Makes me want to get this just because of the price. Seems crazy cheap. 1/2 the price of normal and 1/2 the price of pedals.