RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ironhands
Ok. So I'm doing things "right" then. Still working on my confidence, I've never driven a car, so I'm pretty paranoid I'm going to do something wrong and incite road-rage... especially since half the people I pass are sippin' lattes in their ess hue vees and doing everything in their power to get to the lights half a second early.
Yeah, some drivers do some stupid (and often dangerous) stuff in the name of saving seconds. Many times they don't even pay attention to what is going on a few cars ahead of them because they're so focused on getting ahead of the car directly in front of them.

A week or two ago on my drive into work traffic was fairly light. There was a car in front of me with no one in front of them and probably 10 car lengths between us. A car came from an on-ramp and pulled onto the highway with maybe a foot of clearance between him and the car in front of me (even though he had plenty of space to come in after them). Then they proceeded to whip into the left lane cutting off a car there, got just ahead of the car in front of me and whipped right cutting them off. Once they were done with all of that near collision causing behavior they flipped on their right turn signal hit the brakes (slowing the car in front of me) and made a right turn onto another street. This was all at 65 MPH and in the course of less than a mile.