View Single Post
Old 02-05-14, 08:10 AM
sirtirithon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vehicle chased me yesterday morning...

Well I haven't been on here in awhile but I had a pretty exciting commute yesterday morning I wanted to share with you guys!

It was dark outside and I was midway through my 6 mile straight shot to work. The temperature was 6 degrees and the roads were pretty slick with about 3" of old snow here and there where shovels and plows missed. It was around 5:15am and I was heading south on a main road and I see this dumpy mid nineties Ford Explorer heading north. They slowed way down as we crossed paths which weirded me out. I made a quick check behind me to see where they were headed and they had stopped.

Then they flipped a U and started following me. I got that something isn't right feeling and took a right turn into a residential neighborhood. They followed me. So I tore off down an alley way and again they stayed on my tail, picking up speed. I realized now that they were without a doubt trying to catch me, so as I made it back out into the main road from the alley I knew of a median that seperated lanes into a one way steep downhill street just down the road. I gave it all my single speed had to offer for top speed and bunny hopped the median and tore off the wrong way down the one way.

I checked to see if I'd lost them and they DROVE OVER the median! and followed me down the one way street the wrong way! At this point I once again turned off down a residential street and crashed into some bushes between two houses where I ripped off my backpack to shut off my blinking light I have attached there. I had already killed my head light and seat stay mounted blinking light. The vehicle turned onto the street as they had seen me and they picked me up right away in their headlights. I tore off again opposite direction of them so they had to turn around to pursue me. They flipped a violent U and actually drove through the homes front yard to take off after me again.

At this time I was headed straight for the local power company headquarters where I saw some guys outside working. I made it to them where I relayed the situation. The Explorer had gave up chase since I was no longer an easy target in a group of people and disappeared. I called the cops who just asked for a description and that was it. I couldn't get a license number as it was dark and I was just trying to survive the chase on ice and snow. I did however notice some very distinguishing features on the vehicle I was able to relay to the police so maybe they will find the vehicle.

I made it the rest of the way to work taking back streets with all my lights killed. As far as I'm concerned it was attempted vehicular homicide. I don't know what their intentions were but I can only assume they were meth heads looking to steal my bike and rob me. On another note it was -25 degree wind chill on this mornings commute which took me a completely different route today since I think it's best to avoid yesterdays route for awhile! Brrrr!

Last edited by sirtirithon; 02-05-14 at 09:50 AM.