View Single Post
Old 01-22-15, 08:27 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Chilly morning with temps about 30 F and heavy frost after several relatively mild days with lows in the 40s. My daughter took me to breakfast for my birthday, so I met her at a restaurant downtown, a few blocks from my office. It was hard to give her my precise arrival time due to the vagaries of bike commuting -- eg, red lights, wind, locking up my bike, etc. -- and I was a few minutes late. I normally eat breakfast at home when I first get up, so it was harder riding to work on an empty stomach. Despite all that, it was a nice change of pace, and I had a big country breakfast with eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast and coffee. That should hold me a while.

My legs are fried due to riding 7 days in a few without a break, totaling more than 270 miles. I doubt if I've ever ridden so much before in a week during January. Basically, I've been "making hay while the sun shines" because we've had a week of really nice weather after relentless rain, freezing rain and fog the previous week. I won't be riding the next few days, and that will be a welcome rest.