View Single Post
Old 12-05-21, 12:47 AM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Bikes: Colnago: Supers '79/'80, '81, '89 (Piu), '91/'92 (Piu); Mexico '82/'83. Basso "Gap" '84

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
CORNELO circa 1985 (Colnago?)

I just returned from abroad after taking care of some loose ends and wanting to get around Europe again since I doubt I will have that chance in the near future; especially with the ever evolving COVID situation. I made it in and out just before countries started tightening on travel again; returned tested and clean!

I managed to pick up some more decent deals on frames and parts. Aside from this Cornelo, I got a Rauler frameset (bought strictly to resell in the future), a Vicini frameset (both frames from private sales), and more vintage parts: Campagnolo, Rino, and more.
This frame was bought from a dealer whom I bought the 'Cosme' frame from. As a repeat customer he gave me a good deal (I think?) at €200 including a Cornelo badged Cinelli stem. He told me that the frame was made by Colnago for sale by the Dutch company Cornelo. It has Italian bottom bracket threads, Cinelli 70mm shell, 27.2mm seat post, Campagnolo dropouts, Columbus fork w/reinforced steerer tube, 126mm rear fork spacing. Pretty cool paint job with very good chrome. I hope it is considered a good frame be it Colnago made or not. Certainly a lot cheaper than a Colnago if it is indeed their handiwork as I hope the details will prove it to be.

Likes For le bici di jaco: