View Single Post
Old 04-27-19, 05:27 AM
OrigamiDad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Chameleon was my dream bike a decade ago, even though it is more of an air portable frame than a commuter solution. Still want one when I get in better shape. If I had to pick a 20" it would be the Pacific Cycle Reach (maybe even the IF variant). But the foldingtales review of the 702 is a nice summary of my research - the best ride is on the bigger wheels. The standard bicycle is so awkward to transport and store because it mostly a long rectangle. Since the primary restriction in small spaces is the maximum dimension, not the volume, a single fold solves this problem for me. I'm on the fence between ChangeBike (through FlatBike) and Montague. Right now none of them seem perfect to me. Allston is probably the best commuter, 811k is probably the best quality, 702 seems like the fastest, and the navigator either is the best value or a very convincing BSO depending who you ask.

I have a >30 mile commute each way, followed by a long day chained to a desk. If I could bike 5-10 miles of it each day as a start I would be a lot happier, and closer to my overall fitness goals. Any compromise in the ride, at all, just isn't something I'm willing to do. I am willing to pay the premium for just the marginal portability boost, it's just crazy to realize I only know of two options in the whole world...

If that Boston was the right size (I'm 6') I'd be very interested, thank you for the link anyway.

Last edited by OrigamiDad; 04-27-19 at 05:32 AM.