LIFEPO4
Electric Bike Maker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lifepo4 Batteries

Hi,

LIFEPO4 Batteries are considered the best for Electric vehicles.

Why, because the are considered green and are ROHS compliant, no harmful pollutants, and best of all do not explode. They have a greater life expectancy as well over other batteries. They are made of cells ranging from 1000mah to 100ah or more and are being sought after by automakers for future products. They are more expensive then lead acid and lithium batteries. You can tell a LIFEPO4 battery from a lithium battery by the cell voltage. Lithium is usually 3.7V and LIFEPO4 is 3.2V
I make a pack both 36V 10-20ahs and 48V 10-20ah cells using cells produced for the US. I use 3.2V 10ah circular cells with plastic holders and terminal bars that screw onto the cells, along with a battery management circuit board, wrapped in shrink tube and encased in a battery bag holder that is secured onto a bike above the rear tire on the carrier rack.
These batteries can be recharged more than 1000 times before they reach an 80% life so count on your battery lasting a couple of years before replacing it. Some batteries packs are UL certified and some of the cells are UL component listed. Whether they are made in China or in other parts of the world, the cells are made using German machinery that pour the battery compound onto sheet which is cut according to the battery size, then rolled up and inserted into the battery case.

If you can get one of these batteries, new for 400-500$ its worth it. I have seen them sell for around 600$.
If anyone needs any help choosing a battery battery pack or understanding it, check out LIFEPO4 batteries in Wikapedia or send me an email dalpos2000@yahoo.com

Regards,

Mark