Old 04-24-18, 11:38 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I had those discs and may still have one or two left over. For some reason I thought there was an optional inhalation assist device comparable to a bong for them to increase inhalation. The stuff mostly stuck to my tongue.

One reason I'm reluctant to use Advair again, or even to continue using other albuterol inhalers, is the side effects. My mom would have been a perfect guinea pig for labs to test for side effects. If there was a remote possibility of a side effect, she'd get it. With albuterol and Advair she nailed almost every potential side effect: fungal infection, cold sores, shingles, worsening osteoporosis, pretty much all of it. Her geriatric doctor finally discontinued those meds since the side effects were a far greater risk than the minor occasionally bouts with asthma. My asthma is much worse but I'm still wary of the side effects, especially since albuterol doesn't really work for me anyway.

My asthma is annoying but not life threatening. I'm inclined to just put up with the reduced respiratory capacity. I don't race. I'd like to keep up better with the local fast club rides, but I haven't really exhausted the potential for improving my fitness. I've gradually gotten a little faster and stronger since last summer, so for now I'll just keep plugging away at training and basic diet and fitness.