Old 04-25-18, 04:30 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Read a little farther down, the post just above your reply here, for my interminable reply with more background details.

Yup, I agree, in theory. But I know what works for me. Not new to the game of optimizing fitness and testing the ragged edge of physical performance. It's just a different challenge now than it was when I was younger, with more interconnected complications.
Only you know what's right for you, but suffice it to say that I too believe that I had reached the limit to my knowledge to how my body function under stress before I implemented these recent techniques. After going through some of the most dramatic changes of my life, I'm not only not ashamed but am happy to admit, I was wrong.
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
There's ~4 hour window for protein consumption. It's carbs that have the short windows after exercise. But I usually have them together after exercise.

True about the in-ride protein. About 15% is maybe optimal for 300k+ rides, but for shorter, plain carbs works best for the reason you give.
There has been more recent studies regarding the anabolic window and how we need to interpret it. The interpretation basically states that the anabolic window is no longer considered critical.
Originally Posted by wolfchild
Ok but if a person brings a sports drink with them on their "fasted ride" and uses it during their ride, then it's not a fasted ride anymore because sports drinks contain sugar and calories ???...
Absolutely correct.
I regularly commute to work early in the morning' it's about a 50 minute ride which I do without ingesting any calories. I only have some water and a cup of coffee before the ride. Then after I am done my ride I drink my 1100 calorie smoothie as my breakfast.
Wow! That's a lot of calories.

Last edited by KraneXL; 04-25-18 at 04:34 PM.