Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
@hermes, interesting stuff. That’s what I would have assumed, having a person riding behind you gives you more of a “tapered” effective body shape and decreases turbulence behind.

I had rest days on Tues and Fri, recovery ride to coffee shop with a friend on Thursday and a short 45-min TT workout on Wed. Big taper/rest after a couple of consecutive high volume weeks. Openers today for a 20k TT tomorrow at Piru. Should be “interesting” (meaning sucky). I’ve probably improved muscle strength with a summer’s worth of mountain biking but I haven’t spent much time at threshold lately. Going there when I haven’t been there in awhile is always a very rude awakening for me. Plus it’s gonna be pretty hot. 85F at race start in a black skin suit and minimally vented black helmet and visor.... Sometimes that bead of sweat slowly rolling down your face can be maddening...

But no biggie. The primary objective tomorrow is not so much to try to win as it is to get my head back in the TT groove. I’m gonna try to focus on good aero form, racing with my head where is supposed to be. And more experience with racing in the heat and my heat management techniques is always good.
As a yatchwoman, another way to think about it is we created a longer hull boat and the longer the hull, the faster the hull speed prior to hydro planing.