Old 05-29-19, 02:54 PM
zarbog

Bikes: Giant SLR GX1 Toughroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by xroadcharlie
I don't know how you guys do it! I usually don't go more then 2 hours in my car. And as a recreational bike rider I like walking sometimes after an hour anyway. I feel so refreshed after that, even though my bike is still comfortable.
I was baffled as too how some folks managed to ride such long distances. There are so many areas of interest surrounding most communities that are accessible by bike, but are just too far away for most riders to get there. Number one limiting factor, for myself, was discomfort and then actual pain that prevented me from staying in the saddle and thus being able to explore where I wanted to go.

Once the issues that cause discomfort are corrected, then the only limiting factor is physical condition. At my ripe old age I have started doing Planks and push-ups, who would have thought. All in the quest for riding distance. Perseverence is paying off, I can now stand up when required to climb short steep hills, impossible last year. I have raised the seat about a half inch, titled the bars down, then back up a bit, slid the seat back a smidge, all since my last post. Knee pain seems to have gone, I rode no hands for half a block the other day. It is all coming together. I can see being able to ride in the drops more, as my fat belly starts to shrink.

xroad, it sounds like you get bored by the ride more than anything else ?