View Single Post
Old 03-01-19, 10:16 AM
atbman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
Agreed. Also, when you compare Froome's victories, which are often by less than a minute to Armstrong's which were often by 5 or more minutes it certainly makes it seem like the playing field is far more even today. Keep in mind that Armstrong wasn't some genetic freak, He was good, but no one ever thought he had the potential to be an elite grand tour rider, let alone the best ever.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out Froome is doping but it isn't blatantly obvious as it was with Armstrong.
Reference have been made to Lance Armstrong being one of the most tested riders. I'd remind you that, in his Oprah appearance, he said that out of competition testing was virtually unknown in his day (or words to that effect). Froome, on the other hand, had been tested 70 times, in and out of competition, in the year before his first TdF win. It seems unlikely that he could have avoided detection if he was using PEDs which were against the rules. I'll cheerfully admit that, as a Brit, I'm inclined to be somewhat biased in his favour.