Old 10-15-19, 05:32 PM
Sandstrom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by SimplySycles1
Hi

Are you looking for a '90s wheelset or period correct for your Moto. i would like to see a few pics of the 520

Thanks
Ruben in So Cal
Hi Ruben, here are some pics, I haven't had much time to do a lot to it yet. I cleaned up the front wheel and tire as it needed a tube anyway, the back wheel is still filthy but should clean up great. The paint is in really nice shape and the tube sticker is still pretty nice as well.

I did disassemble the pedals, completely cleaned the internals, and repacked the grease in all of the bearings as they were really gummy. My original plan was to give it a deep clean and polish, then service the hubs and bottom bracket. One nice feature of this bike is the original owner upgraded it to barcons (lock nuts both still present!).

The more I think about it I would either rather frame swap and use these components or just exchange bikes. This might be best as I feel like it would be a shame to break this up as it appears to be original and untampered with. After riding this a bit my old Moto (74—75-ish Mirage) just can't compete with this except in the appropriate size department.

Last edited by Sandstrom; 10-15-19 at 05:43 PM.