Camel
Caffeinated.

Bikes: Waterford 1900, Quintana Roo Borrego, Trek 8700zx, Bianchi Pista Concept

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by djb
...I see the main downside as being it being hard on a tent floor with small sticks, stones, anything sharp under the tent...
I agree. There are a bunch of solutions to this problem folks have had success with:

-Use the cot under the tent floor. (I don't think I would do that)
-Put something under the plastic feet. (I'll likely do this-I've read of a person using 2"x2" or 4"x4" cut up foam pieces which pack up niceley into the original bag)
-Don't use a tent with a floor-ie tarp, Henry Shires tarptent, Megamid etc. (Unlikely I would buy a tent just based on the cot)

Originally Posted by antokelly
...just on that luxurylite cot would it be possible to take in on the bike like does it pack up small enough to fit in a pannier how long does it take to set up.
It takes me a couple of minutes to set-up. Probably will get faster the more times used. Likely will allways take at least a minute.

It would fit in a pannier, and the poles/plastic bases could be split in 2 panniers (or 4). I would likely put it on a rack top, or 2 panniers-but not sure. If packed as from the manufacturer it is a little bulky, but faster to set up. ?About the same size as a packed 2 man tent.

As to an earlier question regarding video of the Cot: I'm not currently photo/video capable, but the manufacturer has You Tube examples.