View Single Post
Old 12-24-17, 07:35 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
Looks like the bikes in the pictures already have the steerer tube cut down. I doubt a new one would be. The one bottle mount kills me. That's an odd phenomenon in the single speed world. I can see having no mounts for a pure track bike, but why on earth would they not put two on bikes obviously meant to be ridden on the road? Odd.
I know what you mean about the water bottle cages. There is a really sweet Classic Bianchi steel frame I like and the Cinelli Gazetta too. Love everything about them, except no water bottle cages. I'd hate to drill into something that nice just to tap threads (or have someone else do it!) My current fixed gear is a Schwinn Let our conversion, which can only hold one bottle. A second cage is mounted to the handlebars with a small aluminum mount. Seems a shame to do that to a bike like the Bianchi, Cinelli, or the State above. 2 is pretty much a necessity in the hot Georgia summers here. The only fixed bike I've seen with two sets of mounts are the Wabis, which cost as much as that state bike for just the frame.

Dave