View Single Post
Old 08-25-04, 02:05 PM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12193 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,108 Posts
Hi,
I ride an Airborne Carpe Diem most of the time. It's a nice bike.
I take a bunch of supplements and vitamins. I'd contribute a few bucks towards a statue for the guy who came up with the idea of taking glucosamine. Yeah, I'm slower, don't recover as fast. My knees are a mess. I am 54 and have been riding bikes for 50 years. There have been times when I didn't ride; but I liked it when I was a kid; and I keep coming back to it. Last week I did a 5 day trip. Two days of riding, a day off in Camden, Maine, and then 90 miles over 2 days to get back home. I picked up a RX earlier today, it was about 25 miles. I do about 10mph over rolling terrain. In Maine we call that flat. We do a weekend ride on Saturday. Most weekends it's a little longer than the previous ride.
I usually ride a couple times during the week. Sometimes more, depends mostly on how my knees are holding up. I did a thousand miles last year. I have to guess, but I'd say it will be about 1,500 miles this year. I wanted 2K, but the weather in Maine has been cool and rainy all summer. I am building up to a dream trip. A bike across Italy. I could do it now, but I want to have enough stamina to do the ride with style (we are talking Italy, after all) and have a little oomph left at the end of the day to go play tourista. That's my goal. I have 2 years left to get in shape for it.
Likes For late: