View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 06:52 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,087 Times in 1,182 Posts
Originally Posted by kaos joe
Starting from the Bethpage bikeway, one gets off & heads west on Central Ave through Bethpage,for around a mile or so. Not great but not a death gauntlet either. Left turn on 107 and immediate right, away from all them cars, onto Collector Lane. Quick left on Crescent Pl, right onto Farmedge Rd. One stays on Farmedge for a bit,
Oooo....Ooooo This is part of what I call my "Levittown Ride". It's actually an old MPBC C ride, that uses Bloomingdale - New South Rd - Cedar - Miller, to get up to the LIE eastbound service road. I also use Newbridge Rd to get to Constellation. Not a bad riding area for central Nassau. The Eisenhower area is also interesting though last time I checked, the bike lane on Salisbury ends just north of the dog park. Nassau just did really weird things with the paths along Salisbury and Post Ave. I believe the concept is to finish and connect all the way around the north side of the park. It wasn't last time I rode there.