View Single Post
Old 05-26-16, 03:27 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,089 Times in 1,182 Posts
Eisenhower is a somewhat inhospitable place to ride a bike, regardless of the county's intent and publicity.

The Salisbury bike path gets you into the dog walk area and you can then (last I was there) ride the path/sidewalk over towards the parking lot for The Carleton restaurant, I've done this a few times over the years.and never been hassled. You are kind of cutting thru the golf course area, but I've never seen "No Bikes" signage, unless they've now blocked it.

But where to go from there ?. There's a path alongside Merrick/Post that heads down to Hempstead Tpk, where there's a path, but you take your life in you hands attempting to cross the entrance/exit lanes of the Meadowbrook. This whole path design is just a problem. And then the path on Hempstead ends with no place to go.

Waste of time this whole area.

As to Wading River, there's a bunch of stuff I've yet to explore that hooks up with the ride I did last week, all roads south of the LIE as far south as Montauk Hwy. Part of my interest in this area is to find the roads from an SBRA ride I did years ago on Club Weekend, where we visited out east. We left from the Suffolk County courthouse area on Rt24, headed south of Rt 27 then west and north then to River Rd. near Calverton. Lots of potential out here for rides. Unfortunately the SBRA is no longer maintaining a database of cue sheets as they once did, or I can't find them. So I'm researching RideWithGPS, Google and MayMyRide.