View Single Post
Old 03-03-19, 09:35 PM
rbhamilton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc_Wui
Closeout on the 250W model. Probably returns and demos? It's your typical 250W ebike, but with an integrated battery
I can confirm that there are a bunch of Closeouts, old stock, scratch and dent and returns. Refurbished but not clear what being refurbished means.

I just bought 3 of these. All the ones I bought were in the 100 series but there are differences depending on when they were manufactured (see my post above).

1 was old school original with 0 miles. The next was the 2nd generation with 11 miles. The third was the newest generation in the 100 series flat black with 350w hub and 0 miles. Two of these were at the $749 valentines day price. One was at the used price of $1200. So there are some deals to be had for sure. But there were also bikes with hundreds of miles on them, multiple scratches and dents. So be careful and check the description first.

And as for the integrated battery - it's removable - which is a huge plus. It's even got a key lock to secure it on the bike. You unlock the battery and it slides out slick and easy. You can take it in with you to charge up or keep safe (they cost $350 to replace). Or you can charge it in place on the bike.

The 250w hub will haul me up a steep hill if I pedal to the max. The 350w hub has a lot more power. Both bikes max out at 20mph on level ground. With me pedaling like a fool and the bike on full throttle I hit 22mph today on level ground.

Last edited by rbhamilton; 03-03-19 at 09:39 PM.