View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 12:33 PM
bikebreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney

For me, the G+ tires are a big step up. A higher number. A game changer. You can still argue that this tire has better this or better that but the sum of those G+ tires is higher. (It won't be for long. All the major players will get on board and we all will win. The G+ aren't magic. I still get flats. Tiny radial wires get them, more so as the miles pile on. But compared to the Open Paves, wear is far better, they pick up a lot less debris and roll better in exchange for being slightly inferior in the wet (to an excellent wet road tire). Grip much better and roll the same as the Open Corsas.

Ben
same story with the tubular, the tubular G+ seem faster and more durable than old corsa but I notice less grip than the old Pave. even in dry.

I have killed a G+ tire by skid, making an emergency stop on a fast downhill and locking up the wheel. (don't assume a car will not suddenly decide to stop and turn left just because they are not signaling...)

other than that they last a long time, 25mm corsa G in back and 23mm Corsa Speed front (200 gram)