View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 11:32 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
So I have a pair of G2.0 TLRs in hand, but have yet to burn through my stockpile of tires, and don't have a scale either, so I can't really post anything useful about them yet. I'll definitely post something once I have em on.

In other news: https://www.bicyclerollingresistance...orsa-graphene2

Looks like something is seriously wrong. Not sure if this has anything to do with the ENVE debacle, but the 2.0 clincher Jarno tested was slightly beefier than the G+ he tested. It also tested significantly slower than the G+ and even the older CX. The rolling resistance really diverges at lower pressures, which indicates that the tire isn't very supple at all. Eagerly awaiting the Speed 2.0 and the TLR tests.

EDIT: Compared to the Pirelli P Zeros I'm running now (an excellent tire, by the way), the 2.0 clincher is 50g heavier and 1W slower (per tire, I presume?) at 80psi, which is the end of the spectrum I'm interested in. In other words, unless these tires stick to asphalt like velcro, it could spell trouble. Especially considering Vittoria's earth-shaking marketing claims.

Last edited by smashndash; 05-21-19 at 11:35 PM.