View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 06:33 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I just wanted to share with you guys because I am now 51. Both those pictures were taken in August one year apart. I know sometimes when we get older we give up changing radically. I just wanted anyone to know it is possible even if you start at 50.

Last August I quit all sugar, all grain, and potatoes. That was it. I ride around 50 miles a week now and am getting stronger every ride. I weighed 330 in that picture at the creek with my boy and weigh 178 now. I am 6'1" tall. I was wearing 48/32 jeans and now I wear 30/32's.I'm off three blood pressure meds and 4 pain pills a day. I am still losing weight, but getting stronger according to my riding and lifting.
That’s really incredible. I bet your portions are reduced as well??? Not to get too personal but are there any issues with excess skin? The reason I ask is I had a cycling friend who lost similar amounts of weight as you and he needed some minor surgery to address that issue.

When I want to lose a few more pounds I concentrate on sugars, bread and potatoes as well. Weight just seems to drip away.

BTW, I lost 60 lbs from my peak at around age 50 and have managed to stay around 165-170 for the last 16 years. It’s definitely a lifestyle change. 6’ 1” as well but probably smaller frame than you.

Keep up the great activities!!!