Old 01-05-20, 03:32 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
That crease in the downtube makes me wonder if someone didn't run headfirst into a curb, but how clean those welds came apart makes me question the integrity of the bike's construction.
I too wonder about that crease, it does have the appearance of the rider hitting something first then the tubing welds failed, but regardless if he hit a curb first I would be surprised if he gets any judgement for his injuries but we do live in America! At the most he would get is maybe a new frame if it is determined that the welds were nearly nonexistent. I would have liked to had seen pictures of the front wheel and the fork to see if they were bent. Maybe if the top tube failed first it may have caused the down tube to first crease and then fail. I would say from looking at the bike there is very little welding and at some point that bike was going to fail, so it could be the bike failed from poor welding.