View Single Post
Old 01-11-20, 07:53 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,584 Times in 2,344 Posts
looped 8 miles. checked out some trails around the SE corner of the park. 60 degrees today! parking lot 3 was closed so I parked in the equestrian parking lot on Halfway Pond Rd. East of Jessup. used the bridle path in the corner of the lot, which parallels Halfway Pond Rd then dumps you out on Jessup at the intersection of the two roads. it's hard to find / see when you're heading back to the lot. should have placed a marker. kept riding past the intersection but didn't know what I was looking for

this is where the bridle path back to the lot is. an alternate plan could be to find the auto entrance on Halfway Pond Rd

this is that bridle path as I was starting my ride from the EQ parking. I should check out the bridle path as it continues o the other side of Jessup (seen in the last few frames)

this is a different intersection. many of these look very much the same, but they're labeled, so if you have a map & compass you're all set. w/ a car or truck, you can bounce around until you find your way out, but on a bike, it's real work, so it's best to carry a map & know where you are!

this is Barrett Pond, which I accessed from Jessup Rd. There was a sign stating it was a designated fire fighting draft station & is mentioned on "Wiki" as being a "warm water" pond, whatever that means

Last edited by rumrunn6; 01-13-20 at 01:19 PM.