Old 01-13-16, 09:40 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Why didn't I ride?

Originally Posted by benetga
Today driving home I saw a regular biker on my route and felt that i should be ridding also. The winds were strong and temps in the teens.

Alright then I'm taking the bike tomorrow. It's on. It will be in the single digits but I got to try. My normal cut off is usually 20 degrees or less but he can do it so can I.
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
I have often said "why didn't I ride", but never said "I shouldn't have ridden". There you go.

Originally Posted by mcours2006
Unless something catastrophic happens on the commute, you'd never say that.
I have previously posted to this thread, ”What stops you from riding?”

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
My job; either too much to do, so I stay (comfortably) overnight and resume very early in the AM, missing my commute; or have to travel afar for a meeting.

Having a mileage-based training schedule however, effectively motivates me to make time to ride
And to a lesser extent, family activities. Just yesterday I posted,

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
[My daughter] has some mobility problems, and the walking cast adds to her difficulties, but with support she’s doing OK. On top of that, my wife went away for a long-scheduled vacation yesterday. So I’ve had to rearrange my schedule to get her off to school. No complaints mind you, but I’ve curtailed my cycle commute for a few days.
On my Excel spreadsheet daily mileage log, I have a row titled Excuses.

I have frequently taken note of these two similar taglines when reading posts by these subscribers:

@chasm54
There have been many days when I haven't felt like riding, but there has never been a day when I was sorry I rode.
And

@Sammy J
I have NEVER regretted going on a ride;
I have often regretted not going when I could have!