Old 05-05-19, 02:05 PM
Nebell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I opted for the bike 1 (link to it is in the second post).

It's heavy, it has a big battery and it does have rear hub motor and I was assured that it's a 1500w motor (and my guess after looking at the seller's other offerings, is a 75 torque motor). Also, some other things like hydraulic disc brakes which are usually in more expensive bikes and regen function.
I decided also based on the looks of the bike and that rear hub motors tend to have that "push" feeling just like cars with rear-wheel drive (which I own and love driving). My area does not have steep hills at all for hundreds of kilometers so I'm not that worried about overheating and Sweden doesn't have very hot and long summers.

In computers, if you buy a power supply that is rated at 1000W, you get the best effectiveness at 50%, which is 500W. Does this apply to motors as well? My guess is that a 1500w rated motors wouldn't overheat at 500W as much as a 500W motor would overheat at 500W, because it's rated for higher wattage. Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure motor quality makes a difference.

Last edited by Nebell; 05-05-19 at 02:12 PM.