Old 06-21-19, 01:21 PM
BicycleBicycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
They are hard to find, but I had a Bianchi San Jose that had AMAZING geometry. My only complaint was that it was a bit sluggish and not as snappy as other bikes I've ridden (I'm comparing them to track bikes though, so that's probably not a fair comparison). That sluggish geo felt just perfect offroad though. The thing would rock back and forth on such a nice perfect balnce point.
Actually I have another complaint, canti brakes. I am never going to ride a bike with canti's on purpose again. (Although i've heard mini v brakes are actually pretty good and fit in the same slots).
It was very versatile. I would put drops on it for daily commuting, and I put flat bars on it and took it to the single track. It felt right on all terrains.
It has a crossbar welded across the chainstays. I know this seems small, but i've actually snapped a frame at that point, and having a strong chainstay for a daily commuter is crucial.

You can get a complete bike for under $1k. Wheels will be crap, but you'll have a sugino XD crankset (accepts two chainrings).

I had a 41 in the front and a 37 in the back, and I could have probably put a 41 in the back if I really wanted too. It's practically a monstercross/mtb bike at that point.
Again, the geo for daily commuting was amazing. If you want really tight geo, then the kilo WT is essentially a kilo TT with more clearance.
The nature boy is purposefully built for cyclocross, so I'm not sure how it woudl feel on the road. The san jose has a more cx/gravel/road geo.

Last edited by BicycleBicycle; 06-21-19 at 01:26 PM.