View Single Post
Old 01-03-11, 08:53 PM
surgeonstone

Bikes: 1976 FRESCHI, 2004 Crumpton.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Cycling becomes a passion for many and as we progress we dream, of different components, bikes, equipment. Personally I think that the real value is appreciated with time and effort as well as sacrifice. I appreciate my 7K bike because I have been working towards it for so many years and in turn loving each step along the way. If I just started with a 7K bike I think I probably would appreciate it far less. My first "expensive" bike was a white Gitane Tour de France, purchased with 450 very dear dollars in 1972. I still remember being utterly fascinated by the Hutchinson sew ups, the lightness. I feel the same way about my current, and probably last bike, a Merlin Titanium-carbonfiber Lunaris purchased 5 years ago. I love it, it's lightness, looks, feel, quietness. The smooth swish-chunk of a well tuned deraillures going through the gears. A thing of beauty uniting man with his or hers environment. Enjoy what you have, I am sure if you catch the bug you will always treasure it no matter it's replacement.