View Single Post
Old 08-26-19, 05:27 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
11.5 miles today. 25 yesterday. I had to cut yesterday short when my Di2 front derailleur lost its mind. I rolled up to a stop light in the big chainring, the light changed and at about walking speed, very little pedal rotation, I shifted out of the big ring, and the chain jammed, locking the crank. Not fun in traffic. I was able to shift it back and forth to free the chain, while still on the bike. As I rode on, the chain kept hopping off the big ring every time I shifted to it. There was also constant grinding of the derailleur cage on the inner ring. I cut the ride short and headed home. I got this bike new in 2013, and the Di2 has been totally trouble free. I did some online research on tuning and adjusting Di2, and decided to go for it. After a good cleaning, I located the limit screws, did an electronic reset, and its all good again. I did 11.5 miles this morning, no chain drops, all good as new again. Hope it lasts another 6 years. I'm sure the jam was due to shifting with too little pedal rotation at too slow a speed. First time for everything, I guess. I've been riding vintage a lot lately, and not showing the modern carbon much love. I guess it was payback time.

Yesterday's ride, before heading home. Bradley Road, in Somis, CA.

Di2 all cleaned up to show limit screws. Never had to touch them before.