Old 01-07-20, 10:10 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by KC8QVO
237 miles each day on average is over a "double centrury" in one day, not 1 week.
As a rule of thumb, you can usually ride your weekly total all at once.

When you normally ride 200 miles a week, a double century in one day making that week's total 350 is not a big deal although the logistics are more complicated than riding just 100 miles or 200 km.

Riding 200 miles a week otherwise a double isn't more difficult than a century. Just the logistics are more complicated - the time needed means you're more likely to start before sunrise or finish after sunset, which requires lights, reflective clothing, and perhaps warmer clothing you can take off as the sun climbs higher. You may also need some bag space for energy bars.

Supposedly at 200 miles a week you can ride any distance.

I had at least another 100km in my legs after my first unsupported 200.

Taking into account the rule of thumb that 1000 feet up = 10 miles horizontally, on the next one I hit two of the three highest paved peaks in my area.

My legs still felt great, but the rough descent set off a nerve - the MRI showed the space getting tight between two of my cervical vertebrae.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 01-07-20 at 11:25 PM.
Likes For Drew Eckhardt: