View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 10:08 AM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
I've been feeling fairly decent so far this year. Got some good base work in late December, then beat my Montezuma time by 1 minute at team camp at 10w higher than last year (280w for 55 mins). So I guess that's a good benchmark of FTP. I've always had a hard time getting my hour power close to the theoretical number. Also felt a lot more fresh at the end of the ride than last year, was able to push the pace up the last 5 min climb. Bummed out that @TMonk slid out, hope you're all healed up by now.

After camp, my volume fell off a bit. Been struggling with time management and ended up doing a lot of evening trainer work, but no long rides over 3 hours in weeks now. Coach has been having me hit 4x8s and big gear sweet spot 1-2 times per week. Worked up to 65 mins of big gear on the TT bike in prep for Valley. Not sure if I have it in me to do as well as last year, but I'll give it a go. Did an unofficial aero test on Fiesta yesterday and hit a 1 lap PR at like 6 watts lower than last year (302w @ 28.8 mph) without shoe covers. Then matched my all time best 8 minute in the evening on the trainer, so the power is coming along OK.

First race is this weekend, not super ambitious, just hoping to stay safe.

Originally Posted by Ttoc6
Conference is from the night of april 8th to the 12th. Full schedule isnt posted yet and I haven't booked a flight. I fit a 54, yeah and I'd LOVE to ride with any and all of you sbdc folks. Yall were cool at vos last year. I'm gonna look for a cheap air bnb or something to extend through the weekend. Still a few months away, but shoot me a message!
yes! Hit us up. I also have 54s, and if you can bring or I can find a gxp crankset then I can set you up on my tarmac.