View Single Post
Old 08-17-19, 07:05 PM
The 585

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for all the awesome advice on bikes and VAT guys. I also didn't even think about getting some gear and equipment over there, too. I'll definitely look into the ortlieb bags as I'll be in the market for a good set of those as well.

You know, I was thinking, if upright touring bikes are what they use in Europe, maybe I'll check those out. Heck, I rarely even ride in the drops on my roadie, I'm on the hoods almost the whole time, so drop bars really aren't necessary for me. I want to pick up something that's traditionally European, ideally with trekking bars though.

If I go that route, what are some good options for German and Swiss touring bikes? fahrradmanufaktur looks like they make some sweet options. Anything else along those lines to keep an eye out for? I'm also sort of concerned about getting things that will be tough to service and find parts for back here in the US. Rohloff hubs look like a real cool concept and I'd love to try them, but is servicing them difficult here in the US where they're very uncommon?