AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim
Very nice ride, congrats.

I want to thank you for an offhand comment you made that solved one of my own problems. I bought a new rack for my touring bike with a wood deck and my touring panniers don't fit it. The deck doesn't allow me to attach them at all, with the deck on it is too tight for the hooks. I had resigned myself to selling the rack and buying yet another. Your comment on "raising the deck" solved that, that had not occurred to me and is as easy as some strap metal strips and longer mounting bolts. Thanks.
That makes me very happy! It happened to me many times: someone's unrelated or offhand comment suddenly made the bulb in my head go off. That's why I read many threads that might seem unrelated to my bikes or my riding, because I never know what will trigger my imagination.

I also started a forum for bicycle DIY'ers, link in the signature, because I love seeing how creative people can be, often in wonderfully goofy ways or absolutely brilliant ways and how solutions to your problems can appear in the most unexpected ways. It sometimes takes just a little spark to trigger that bulb

You're very welcome indeed and your comment really made my day!

Cheers!

Adam

PS. Speaking of my deck: it's long and I'm concerned with flexing under load, but frankly I haven't looked into it yet.