View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 09:49 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci x2, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes View Post
Finally arrived. You may have to go to his thread to find out about the 8-9 bikes he picked up and hauled back to his house.

He put in a ton of work, and this was 7 months in the mix, folks, from first suggestion to picking up the bike at UPS

(I paid the duty a week ago, UPS didn't release it for the driver, so I had to go get it--poor web site, poor system, great people).

The packing by Miles was superb. One corner of the box was crushed, nothing touched the bike.

1 frameset with an Elite Ciussi that a friend may need (blue). No headset, because it doesn't really have one.

Carbon bars, 25.4/42cm. They fit! They fit! No stem. You see that thing on there....

The FD, I can relate to. Mavic. Same as the L shifter. Downtube.
I'm over the moon on that saddle. Leather Vetta Selle Bassano with labeled Reynolds 501 rails. It's very light, it's freaking gorgeous.

Other items I can understand: Octalink or Isis BB/Crankset (FSA) with 50/38 rings by TA Specialties. Look carbon pedals. 2 DA 7400 calipers. OK, that's about it.

Two RD's. Apparently 2 battery cases that go somewhere. 4 shifters (up/down buttons). 2 mounts for the 2 head units. 2 brake levers. I have no idea what they do besides braking.

Cool as all get out. I'll find out how many speeds it's suppose to be, once I see if the shifters/RDs work. Then I'll build it.

My prediction? 6800. Huge thanks and gratitude to @MiloFrance for his efforts on my behalf, including his idea.
H**Y CRAP! That is awesome.

Never even remotely wanted something like this.

Now I cannot ever unsee this, thanks alot.